Treating varicose veins in the legs with gymnastics becomes a good addition to the medical therapy prescribed by the doctor.
But you must do gymnastics regularly, otherwise it will not give the expected result.
What is the use of recovery gymnastics?
What is recovery gymnastics for? Special exercises solve many typical problems of varicose veins of the lower extremities. This:
- improvement of venous and lymphatic outflow;
- increased physical activity and endurance;
- increased venous tone;
- improved blood supply in peripheral veins.
Failure to give a load and neglect the daily performance of the gymnastic complex can lead to even greater stagnation of venous blood in the inflamed parts of the vessels. In parallel, local pressure also increases, which only aggravates the pathology.
This increases pathological symptoms:
- swelling occurs in the ankles and feet, as well as the entire lower leg;
- General pain sensations in the legs intensify.
Daily classes help to prevent such development of the disease and enhance the therapeutic effect of the drugs taken.
Physical activity in case of varicose veins of the lower extremities
Varicose veins of the lower extremities develop more often in people who have little movement. The simplest and most accessible exercise for anyone is walking. People with a diagnosed pathology must take a path, even short walks every day.
The second most useful and simple exercise can be called cycling or swimming.
In addition, doctors have developed a specialized gymnastic complex aimed at solving the problem of varicose veins in the legs.
Phlebologists recommend doing a varicose gymnastics complex in the morning and at night, dedicating approximately half an hour of free time to it. But it is not worth giving yourself too much stress, exhausting yourself. It is necessary to take into account the level of its preparation and not exceed the permissible measure. It is enough to do the exercises for 5 minutes, and then rest the tense muscles.
There are other helpful guidelines for exercise against varicose veins:
- people whose work involves a fixed body position are recommended to do 5-minute gymnastics every hour;
- it is necessary to control your posture and not cross your legs while sitting in a chair;
- during the day, you need to perform various exercises of the medical complex.
When diagnosing varicose veins of the legs, you cannot:
- overload the lower limbs;
- to participate professionally in those sports in which the legs receive significant loads;
- to lift weights and even higher up.
With varicose veins, light loads are allowed, not accompanied by excessive loads.
The main complex for varicose veins
The anterior complex exercises are universal and are suitable for diagnosing varicose veins in the arms or legs, as well as veins in the small pelvic area.
- You have to lie on the floor on your back and bring one of your legs towards your chest. Then lift your upper body and work for a few seconds. Then return to the starting position and repeat the movement with the other leg.
- Lie down on the floor and lift your bent legs above the floor. Straighten them and hold them for two to three seconds. Then bend your legs again.
- Lie on the floor on your back and lift your legs. Turn your feet in and out. You can also flex or bend your toes.
- We sit in any chair. We put our heels on the ground and begin to remove and separate the socks. This movement should be repeated about twenty times.
- We lie down on the floor, we stretch our arms along the body. We begin to lift the legs in turn as high as possible. At maximum height, the limb should be held for a couple of seconds and then lowered to the floor. Repeat ten times.
- Exercise "Swallow". It must be repeated twenty times.
- Stand up straight and start rolling from toe to heel. Make sure to redistribute body weight. You need to do about twenty repetitions.
- You have to walk with your knees up for about fifteen minutes.
Exercises for varicose veins of the lower extremities
The treatment of varicose veins in the legs with gymnastics can be very effective. Especially at the beginning of the development of pathology.
- You should lie down on any flat surface and put your feet on a high pillow to raise them about twenty degrees. And calmly lie down in such a position to relieve the load on the veins.
- We lie down on the floor, bend our knees and put our feet on the floor. We put our palms on the hips. As we inhale, we begin to lift the upper body, sliding our palms across the surface of the thighs and legs, lowering them to the level of the knees. Then we exhale slowly and return the body to the floor to its original position.
- Lying on the surface of the ground. Hands along the body. Raise your legs slightly off the ground and support a small pad with your feet. We take a shallow breath and at the same time make a deviation in the lumbar region. The surface of the buttocks should lift off the ground. Then exhale and return the body to its original position.
- We lie down on the floor, the hands are placed along the body. Now you need to bend the legs with a slow breath, draw your stomach. Then begin to exhale while simultaneously inflating your stomach
- Stand up. Legs together, arms lower along the body. Begin to breathe deeply and at the same time get up on your toes. Then exhale and return your legs to their original position, that is, lower your entire foot.
If you perform the proposed exercises on a regular basis, you can significantly reduce the symptoms that accompany venous congestion. In addition, the treatment of varicose veins in the legs with gymnastics helps to suspend the development of pathology and reduces the risk of developing negative consequences of the disease.
An additional set of exercises for varicose veins of the legs
To enhance the healing effect of the morning complex, additional exercises should be performed during the day.
- The feet are straight. You need to go up and down slowly. Repeat the movement 30 times
- Separate the socks and connect the heels. Go up and down too. Repeat 30 times.
- Flatten the socks, but spread the heels. Go up and down again 30 times.
- Pretend to walk in place without lifting your toes off the ground.
- Legs together, arms hanging along the body. Inhale slowly and at the same time pull your shoulders back. During the exhalation, the back should be relaxed and the head should be tilted towards the chest.
- Stand on the ground, arms along the body. As you inhale, you should stand on tiptoe and raise your hands toward the ceiling. On the way out, lower your arms and stand with your whole foot.
- Tension and relaxation of the gluteal muscles works well.
Exercises to prevent the development of varicose veins
The following exercises will help prevent the development of varicose veins:
- We lie down on the ground, arms along the body. The legs should be placed on a chair. They must be straight. It is necessary to bend / bend the feet in turn. Repeat the movement for each leg 5 times.
- We lie on the floor on our back. The legs are raised and parted. We begin to rotate the ankles to the right / left. You need to do 7 repetitions.
- The starting position is the same as in the previous exercise, only the legs are bent at the knees. Rotations should be done with the knee joints. Repeat the movements 7 times with each leg.
- Get into the "Birch" position. Spread your legs and make alternate changes. The number of repetitions is 7 times.
- You must jump on your toes 15 times. Then rest a bit and repeat the jumps.
Varicose veins are a rather unpleasant pathology, diagnosed very frequently. Treatment of varicose veins in the legs with gymnastics helps to reduce the manifestations of the disease.