Varicose veins are considered one of the most common diseases, manifesting in the form of bulging veins and spider veins on the lower extremities. Pathology can cause thrombophlebitis, when blood clots form in the vessels. They clog the blood vessels and cause circulatory disorders, stroke. It is necessary to treat varicose veins in the initial stage of their development.
The purpose of traditional therapy
Treatment of varicose veins in the legs with folk remedies is carried out to improve blood circulation in the vessels and thin the blood. To do this, baths, compresses, ointments and tinctures can be used. They are made from herbal ingredients.
But when using recipes of traditional medicine, it should be remembered that they are effective only at the initial stage of the development of pathology. In the event that asterisks and vascular networks have formed, it is necessary to consult a specialist. In addition, the products can cause allergies. That is why, before using compresses, ointments and baths, you need to make sure that there is no negative reaction.
Varicose veins mainly affect the lower extremities and develop as a result of stagnant processes. The methods of traditional medicine will help to cope with the disease and stop all the accompanying symptoms.
Before beginning treatment for varicose veins, you need to balance your diet. A special diet should be followed for a week, regardless of the presence or absence of excess weight. The goal of dietary nutrition is to eliminate fatty foods and increase immunity by increasing the amount of vitamins and minerals.
First of all, you need to give up baked goods, butter, alcoholic beverages, meat and fish dishes, and hot spices.
Fruits like apple, banana and citrus should be present in the diet. Fresh vegetables are healthy too.
During the first two days, the menu should consist only of vegetarian dishes. After two days, you can eat rice or buckwheat porridge, salads with vegetable oil, nettle soups.
Vegetable juices, such as carrot, pumpkin, are especially useful for varicose veins.
The diet is followed every month for one week. This will help cleanse the body of cholesterol and strengthen the immune system.
General therapeutic procedures
Traditional medicine contains many recommendations on how to properly treat varicose veins at home. At the initial stage of the development of pathology, it is recommended to use general methods of therapy. They help normalize blood circulation, prevent consequences and have a positive effect on the whole body as a whole.
Healing baths are effective for varicose veins. But this method cannot be used for trophic ulcers and thrombophlebitis.
The bath solution is prepared beforehand. The best remedies are oak, willow, and chestnut twigs. Pour all the components in an amount of 0. 5 kg with a bucket of water, add chamomile, St. John's wort and a series of four packages, bought at the pharmacy. Boil everything for 20 minutes and leave overnight. In the morning, prepare a decoction of three loaves of rye bread. Strain everything and add to the bath.
You can also use baking soda. To prepare a bath solution, you need to take a packet. If you only need to steam your feet, add 7 tablespoons of baking soda for every 5 liters of water.
Willow or cedar bark has a positive effect on blood circulation. To take a bath, you need two handfuls of tree twigs. They are poured with three liters of water and boiled for 30 minutes.
For foot baths, creeper herb is also used in the amount of 100 grams. Willow bark can be added to improve efficiency.
After the procedure, experts recommend gently massaging the legs and placing them on a small hill, using pre-compression stockings.
Solutions for internal use
Traditional medicine also knows many recipes for oral administration. All decoctions are best cooked in a tightly closed container or thermos. Even when exposed to high temperatures, herbal preparations retain their properties. They must be filtered before use. The most popular and effective ones for varicose veins of the lower extremities are:
- Apples. Four small apples are made with one liter of hot boiled water. The container is wrapped and left for 4 hours. Then the apples are kneaded into a porridge, honey is added. The remedy is taken on an empty stomach before going to bed.
- Nettle. It is used not only for cosmetic purposes, but it is also the best remedy for varicose veins. To prepare the tincture, you need to take three tablespoons of dried and crushed plants and pour a liter of boiling water. Insist for an hour. Drink a third of the glass one hour after eating.
- Refresh solution. It is diluted in the amount of 1 teaspoon per glass. Take twice a day.
- Garlic with honey. To prepare the solution, you need to grind 250 grams of garlic and mix it with 350 grams of honey. Insist for at least 10 days. Take a tablespoon of balm 30 minutes before meals. Before use, you need to make sure that you are not allergic to honey.
All recipes of traditional medicine are effective only at the initial stage of the development of the disease and have certain contraindications. A medical consultation is required before use. In the event that painful sensations have arisen, and the pathology has turned into thrombophlebitis, it is mandatory to consult a doctor and use medications.
There are many different tinctures, the main ingredient of which is alcohol. The composition also contains natural ingredients that help restore blood circulation. The most effective settings are:
- Kalanchoe.The plant is widely used in traditional medicine and has many beneficial properties. An alcohol solution is used to rub the affected areas. But it is important to prepare it correctly. To do this, you will first need to keep the freshly cut leaves for a week in a cool, dark place. Next, rotate them in a meat grinder and pour in vodka, the amount of which is double the crushed plant. The product is re-infused for 7 days and filtered.
- Gathering flowers from the meadow.They are available at the pharmacy. For more efficiency, you can add oak and horsetail bark. Herb collection is poured with a liter of alcohol and insisted for a week. The tool is used to treat ulcers and relieve inflammation. Apply daily to the affected area twice a day.
- White acacia flowers.The tincture is prepared for a week and is used to cleanse the skin. Pour a mixture of acacia flowers and birch or pine buds with vodka or alcohol in a 2: 3 ratio.
In the case of varicose veins, an Adam's apple tincture also helps stop symptoms and restore blood circulation. The fruit is poisonous and it is strictly forbidden to use it indoors. The tool is used to rub the affected area and is prepared within a month.
Amanita infusions are used in the villages. But this method of treatment is rare today, since mushrooms appear only in late summer and are used fresh. Also, not everyone trusts such a drug.
Ointments for varicose veins
Herbal creams and ointments with varicose veins stay longer on the surface of the skin. Due to this, the active ingredients act on the affected vessels for a long time. For its preparation, flax broth, oils, fats are used.
Also contains decoctions of various herbs:
- burdock root;
Ginger and onion peels are also used in the preparation of broth for salves. All components must be made in equal proportions and mixed with the base. Ointments can be stored for a long time, which means that they do not require daily preparation. Put them in the fridge after use.
Badger fat is especially popular for varicose veins. It helps not only to restore blood circulation, but also to strengthen the vascular walls and improve immunity. Many northern peoples used bear fat to treat the disease. It also has many beneficial properties.
Shilajit ointments are also popular and can be purchased at the pharmacy.
Compresses for varicose veins
Various components are used for compresses, eg cypress, potatoes, sandalwood oil. The most popular are burdock and cabbage leaves. They contain many useful vitamins and minerals that have a positive effect on the veins and the body in general. Traditional medicine knows many recipes, including:
- Burdock and horseradish. First, heat a leaf from one of the plants by placing it in a kettle or saucepan. Put a small piece of bandage on the affected skin area, then a sheet and fix the bandage. The duration of treatment is five procedures, which are performed every other day before going to bed. The bandage is removed in the morning. The remedy helps to relieve pain and improve general condition.
- Ointment and burdock. The plant is used only fresh. The compress is done after applying ointment to the affected area. Then a burdock leaf is applied and compression stockings are put on. The dressing is changed every three days and the duration of therapy is three months.
- Cosmetic clay. It is diluted in water at room temperature until obtaining a thick and homogeneous mass. Apply the product to the affected areas, fix with a two-layer bandage. Then apply clay again, secure with a bandage. Therefore, the layer should be at least 1. 5 centimeters. To prevent moisture from being absorbed, wrap the bandage in a canvas cloth and wrap it with a woolen scarf. The legs should be kept on a small hill. The procedure lasts 3 hours, after which the bandage is removed.
- Potatoes. The compresses are also made from potatoes or tapas. Grate the vegetable on a fine grater and moisten a bandage in the resulting juice. The procedure is best done at night.
Aloe compresses are useful for varicose veins. Only fresh cut leaves are used. Tomato dressings are also effective. They are applied for several hours. Tomatoes have the unique property of improving blood circulation in a short time, and with varicose veins they are used not only for oral administration. Onions are not popular for their characteristic smell, but they are also very effective.
Many experts recommend saline dressings for varicose veins. They help relieve pain, inflammation and improve blood circulation. Although in many diets it is recommended to reduce the amount of salt, in the case of establishing varicose veins, it is the salt dressings that have a positive effect.
Bees are also used to treat varicose veins. Its bite contains a substance called hirudin. Helps prevent the formation of blood clots. The bee sting must be done directly on the knot.
Propolis is especially popular. It is used both for fresh ingestion and for the preparation of ointments, compresses.
With varicose veins, you can also make an iodine mesh. It is applied with a cotton swab overnight.
Consequences of home therapy
The use of traditional medicines can have some negative consequences. When using essential oils, honey, propolis, an allergic reaction is observed.
People with established diseases and disorders of the gastrointestinal tract should exercise caution when using oral products.
To protect yourself from the development of varicose veins of the lower extremities, you must follow a series of preventive measures:
- Take a contrast shower. Helps keep blood vessels in good condition. The shower also has a positive effect on blood circulation.
- Go swimming. A visit to the swimming pool helps combat stagnation of blood in the vessels.
- Walk as much as possible to prevent varicose veins.
- During pregnancy, carefully monitor your health, since during this period the woman is more susceptible to the development of the disease.
- Eat well. The diet should contain as little fatty and spicy foods as possible.
Compliance with preventive measures will significantly reduce the likelihood of developing varicose veins. When symptoms of pathology appear, traditional medicine recipes can be used. But it should be remembered that its use can be harmful to health. That is why you should consult your doctor.